We would like to congratulate our sixteen students who have been invited to participate in the 2018 BT Young Scientist competition from 10th – 13th January 2018.
1. Category: Behavioural and Social – Junior Individual:
Project Title: A Statistical Analysis of The Impact of Internet Parenting Style, Parental Attitude and Family Functionality On The Susceptibility of An Adolescent To Internet Addiction.
2. Category: Behavioural and Social Intermediate group:
Shauna Linehan and Noirina O’Sullivan
Project Title: Invisible Parents, Inconspicious Children. A Study of Parent-Child Separation Among The Homeless In Emergency Accommodation.
3. Category: Biological and Ecological Intermediate group:
Darragh Twomey, Neil O’Leary and Andrew Heffernan:
Project Title: Feeding 9.6 Billion People By 2050. The Effects of Pseudomonas Fluorescens L321 On Enhancing Barley Crop Yield.
4. Category: Biological and Ecological Intermediate group:
Ciara Hartnett, Maire Moylan.
Project Title: Investigating Changes In Cell Morphology As A Consequence of Caesarian-Section [C-Section] Delivery and Gender.
5. Category: Biological and Ecological Senior individual: Conleth Aspel
Project Title: Short Term Fasting Influences The Chemosensitivity of Oesophageal Cancer Cells
6. Category: Biological and Ecological Intermediate Individual:
Project Title: Addressing The Global Goals for Sustainable Development: An Investigation Into The Use of Crispr-Cas9 for Targeted Genome Editing In Solanum Tuberosum.
7. Category: Chemical, Physical & Mathematical Sciences Intermediate Group:
Roisin Kavanagh and Leah Murphy.
Project Title: A Study To Identify The Various Aspects of Meteors Above South West Ireland Using Video Footage and Developing An Algorithm To Determine Camera Placement for Optimal Viewing and Accuracy.
8. Category: Social and Behavioral Sciences Intermediate group:
Molly Browne and Sinead Moynahan.
Project Title: A Quantitative Study To Show The Effect of Female Role Models On Girls Choosing Stem Subjects At Second Level.
9. Category: Social and Behavioral Sciences Intermediate Individual:
Project Title: Spotting Dyslexia: A quantitative study to investigate Dyslexia symptom recognition among Irish primary school teachers of children aged 5 -7.
10. Category: Social and Behavioural Sciences Intermediate Individual:
Project title: Gauging the appetite of the Irish population for Inglorious fruits and vegetables: A feasibility study.