Board Of Management
The Board of Management meets five times during the school year, one meeting per term, and will also meet as the need arises during the course of the year.
Two representative from the Student Council will be invited to attend one of these meeting where they can raise issues which have been brought up at the student council meetings.
Agreed reports will be published on this website on the conclusion of each BOM meeting.
The Board of Management sits for a four year term.
Members of board of Management 2023/2024
- Cllr John Paul O Shea Cork Etb nominee (chairman)
- Cllr Bernard Moynihan Cork Etb nominee
- Cllr James Kennedy Cork Etb nominee
- Miriam Bourke parent nominee
- Sean Hynes parent nominee
- Colette McCarhy Teacher nominee
- Niall Collins Teacher nominee
- Sean O Sullivan community nominee
- John Murphy Principal (secretary to Board)
To view the agreed minutes of the BOM , please click on the links below
Agreed report of BOM meeting 21/11/22
- Board was informed that 13 students from leaving cert class of 2022 are going to get awards from Cork Etb in recognition of scoring over 550 points in the leaving cert
- Board expressed best wishes to teachers Colette McCarthy, Brid Ann O Donoghue and Heather Healy on their upcoming marriages in December.
- Board accepted 109 students into 1st year for 2023/24 in line with the school’s admissions policy . Student refused were put on a waiting list.
- Board was informed that the ETB are hoping to purchase land close to school Gym for future development of the school.
Agreed report of BOM meeting 08/09/22
- 117 1st year students started in the school, divided into 5 class groups.
- School enrolment now at 600 pupils.
- The leaving certs were congratulated on fantastic results . One student received 625 points and two students received 613 points .13 students scored over 550 points. All the students were very happy.
- Two new teachers were welcomed to the staff namely Norelle Murphy Geography teacher and Siobhan Burke Art teacher.
Agreed report of BOM meeting 31/01/2022
- The Board congratulated Joanne Corkery and Anne O’Connell on their appointments to AP1 posts.
- Board congratulated all the students who represented the school at the BTYS competitions and award winners Hannah Walsh and Johannah Pigott.
- Board ratified teachers who applied for job-sharing.
- Board congratulated the 14 students who got over 550 points in leaving cert 2021 and who will get cork Etb awards on 11th March.
- Next meeting Monday 4th April 2022
Agreed report of BOM meeting 29/11/2021
- Cork ETB confirmed €100,000 over 3 years for Astroturf project as part of license agreement.
- Mr Murphy informed the Board that the school will get 2 new AP1 positions. These positions have been advertised and applications closed on Wednesday 24thNovember. Mr Murphy informed the Board that there are 7 applicants for the positions. Interviews will be held in Mid-December and Cork ETB head office will appoint the interview board.
- Mr Murphy informed the meeting that 14 students got over 550points in Leaving Cert and Cork ETB will be giving awards to these pupils early next year.
- Miriam Bourke asked for an update on new lockers for the school. The Principal informed the Board that ‘sperrin metal’ had secured the tender to supply new lockers but have informed Cork ETB that they have a shortage of steel so delivery of new lockers is expected in late January 2022
Agreed report of BOM meeting 13/9/2021
- Board Congratulated the 72 Leaving Cert on their fantastic results
- Board was informed that Cork ETB bought the house next to the school for future development of the school
- Board proposed that the Principal and Secretary of the board write to CE of Cork ETB seeking upfront funding to help with the Kanturk Astroturf pitch development.
- Board was informed that the Astroturf Pitch was starting very shortly.
- Board Ratified the updated Covid 19 response plan and the updated Admissions policy for 2022/2023
Agreed report of BOM meeting 7/9/2020
- Adoption of new Admissions Policy.
- Congratulations was extended to the students and staff on the wonderful results of the 110 Leaving Certs who received their calculated grades on today 7th September.
- The Board thanked retired teachers Mary O’Flynn and Mary Angland for the wonderful contribution they made to the school.
- Letter to be sent to Jim Moloney, Senior Engineer, Cork County Council in relation to the possibility of zebra crossing at the end of High Greenane.
Agreed report of BOM meeting 27/1/2020
- John Paul O Shea elected new chairman of board
- Congratulations was extended to all the students who took part in the BTYSE in early January .The school had 6 projects and 11 students at the Finals . All projects won prizes . Ava Hynes a 2nd yr student won 2nd prize in the overall individual competition.
- Congratulations was extended to the u19 boys senior hurlers who defeated Patrician academy Mallow in the Munster semifinals.
- Congratulations was also extended to u19 girls and u19 boys football teams who play in a Munster final and semifinal respectively.
- Board was informed that the school was sanctioned for a summer work scheme grant to replace the fire alarm,emergency lighting and associated works.
Agreed Report From Board Of Management Meeting 23/09/19
- The Board congratulated the 66 leaving certs on their excellent results.12 students got over 510 pts ,26 students got over 450 pts. One student got 601 pts
- The board congratulated Danny Linehan leaving cert who played on the Cork minor football team that won the All Ireland and Michael Browne 5th yr won was on the panel.
- Congratulations were also passed on to Caoimhe Forde on winning a Munster and All – Ireland final with the Cork Ladies Football Minor Team, and also to Danielle Murphy, Laura Doody and Alana Gould on their Munster success with the Cork U16 Ladies football team.
- Lia Heffernan and Saoirse Foley were congratulated on winning their All Ireland U14 title.
- Congratulations were also extended to Sarah Murphy who captained the Munster U18 ladies rugby team that won the interprovincial championship.
- The Board congratulated Katie O’ Keeffe on her recent boxing success where she won a European Silver Medal.
- Board approved the 24th October as the date for the open night.
- Board requested the Principal to write to CE for an update on proposed building of link corridor .
Agreed Report From Board Of Management Meeting 28/01/19
- The board congratulated all 10 students who represented the school at the BTYSE. The school had 5 projects and won 8 prizes.The Chairman thanked all the teachers involved for their hard work and dedication.
- The board congratulated the Leaving Cert Students of 2018 who received awards from Cork ETB for their excellent results. Theses awards are presented to students who attained 550 points or more. Coláiste Treasa had 10 students who received awards.The Principal congratulated Darragh O Keeffe in particular who got 613 points and his Mother Kathleen who is a member our Board. He also congratulated Aisha McAuliffe on her excellent 566 points and her Father Ben who is also a member of the Board.
- The board was informed that the school in association with the parents association are holding a tractor run on Sunday March 3rd.
- The Principal informed the board that he is getting an engineer to look at the costings involved in building a link corridor through the court yard in the middle of the school.It is really needed as the school will have in excess of 550 pupils next September.
- Board Of Management 2019Cllr. Bernard Moynihan (Chairman)John Murphy ( Secretary)Niall Collins (Teachers Rep)Colette McCarthy (Teachers Rep)Ben McAuliffe (Parents Rep)Kathleen O’ Keeffe (Parents Rep)Cllr. John Paul O ‘ Shea (Cork ETB Rep)Sean O’ Sullivan (Cork ETB Rep)
Agreed Report From Board Of Management Meeting 24/09/18
- The Board wished Art Teacher Michael Deady well in his retirement and thanked him for his contribution to Coláiste Treasa.
- The Board wished Mr. Derry O’ Donovan well in his new appointment as Deputy Principal in St. Brogans.
- Mr. Murphy also informed the Board of two new teaching appointments; Mr. Gary O’ Connor (science) replacing Derry O’ Donovan and Natasha Edmonson replacing Michael Deady.
Agreed Report From Board Of Management Meeting 20/03/17
- Board congratulated the Badminton teams on their wonderful success at All Ireland finals.
- Board congratulated the Transition year students on their excellent production of ‘Cinderella’ which ran for 3 nights.
- Board thanked all the staff involved in extra curricular activities for giving of their free time so generously.
- Leaving Cert mass fixed for Tuesday 23rd May.Agreed Date for Next Meeting15th May 2017 at 5pm
Agreed Report From Board Of Management Meeting 30/01/17
The Board congratulated all the students who won prizes at the BT Young Scientist Competition at the RDS as well as their teacher Derry O’Donovan.
- The Board congratulated all the badminton teams and their coach Mr Tom O’Connell, on winning their Munster finals at the University of Limerick. They will now go on to the All Ireland finals in March.
- The Board agreed to write to Mr Ted Owens, CEO in relation to the poor toilet facilities for boys in the school.
- The Board acknowledged the support given by Cork ETB and CEO Mr.Ted Owens in securing extra funding to build the new extension to the school.
- The Board were presented with details of the extra-curricular activities that went on in the school recently. The Chairman complimented all staff on the excellent work being done in Coláiste Treasa.
Agreed Report From Board Of Management Meeting 21/11/16
- The Board thanked all staff for the work in preparation for Open Night and on the night itself. They went on to congratulate management and staff on the excellent numbers enrolling.
- The Board members thanked all teachers involved in Extra Curricular Activities.
- The Board passed on its best wishes to all students that qualified for BT Young Scientist Competition.
- The Board of Management expressed its delight that the building of the new extension will commence on Nov. 28th with completion scheduled for May 2017